Crawl Space Problems
As a homeowner, you should be able to identify warning signs which could indicate that there is a problem with this valuable area below your home. Understandably, it isn’t an area that you often venture into or give much thought to. However, what happens here can have a huge influence on the rest of your home, and to your family’s health.
If you notice any of the following warning signs of a problem, then you need to get in touch with a local crawl space repair professional in your town ASAP to get the issue looked at and dealt with:
- Certain spots on the first floor of the home feel like they are not level, or as if they are sagging.
- The living areas of the home smell musty, much like dirty gym socks.
- Foul odors smelling like deceased animals can be noticed in the home.
- There are noticeable puddles of standing water next to the crawl space footing.
- Crawl space vents are left open all year-round.
- Following a visual inspection of the crawl space, you can see rotting wood, sagging floor joists, or pieces of fiberglass insulation lying on the ground.
- You have seen animals or bugs venturing into the crawl space through vents or access doors.
- Your home has tested positive for very high levels of Radon gas.
- There are noticeable dips or low-lying areas in the backfilled soil around your crawl space that seem to collect water whenever it rains.
- There seem to be noticeable problems with the crawl space footing – it is bending, cracked, or seems damaged in some way.
Find a Local Crawl Space Repair Contractor
For more information about what can be done for your home’s unique situation, be sure to fill out our online contact form to get in touch with a local repair contractor in your area. They are all skilled, seasoned, and trained in the best ways to go about diagnosing all types of CS problems, and the best and most effective ways to go about fixing them for good.